Cyber security is the practise of defending computers, servers, mobile devices, electronic systems, networks, and data from malicious attacks. It is also referred to as information technology security or electronic data security. As the business world shifts towards a more digital operational framework, business infrastructure and organisational data face an enhanced risk of cyberattacks and violations. Cyber security has become an important factor for the success of the digital economy.
IIT Jammu offers a 12-month programme of Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Security. This course provides a comprehensive overview of cyber security and the necessary skills to help you establish a benchmark in your cyber security career through a combination of theory, hands-on learning, and practical projects.
- Comprehensive curriculum covering fundamental to advanced topics of Cyber Security
- Campus immersion module of 5 days (Optional)
- Live online sessions by IIT Jammu faculty and experts
- IIT Jammu Executive Education Alumni status
- Understand in-demand cyber security fundamentals, key terms, and technologies
- Understand CIA principles, cyber kill chain, threats, attacks and vulnerabilities, and various security principles
- Explore the concepts of Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability in various Network Security Models, System Security Models, and Frameworks
- Learn to identify and investigate data breaches and cyber attacks
- Qualifying degree – B.E, B.Tech, MCA, M.Sc./MS in IT, CS, ECE, EE or related fields are eligible
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in IT/CSE/EC/EE or related fields is necessary
- Eligibility criteria for this programme will be 55% or 6 CGPA in qualifying degree
- Persons with more than 10 years of work experience are eligible with an aggregate of 50% or 5.5 CGPA
Mere fulfilment of the eligibility criteria does not necessarily guarantee selection in the programme. The selection of candidates will be based on:
- Relevant academic credentials provided by the applicants in the application form
- Virtual interview of 20 minutes conducted by an interview pane
- Participants who successfully meet the evaluation criteria and satisfy the requisite attendance criteria, will be awarded a Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Security from IIT Jammu.
- Participants who are unable to clear the evaluation criteria but have the requisite attendance will receive only the transcripts and NOT the Diploma.
- Successful participants will be eligible for IIT Jammu's Executive Education Alumni status.
Dr. Gaurav Varshney
|Fee Particulars||Amount (in )|
*Including GST @ 18% and Bank Charges.
Note: In case a participant's profile is rejected by IIT Jammu, ₹5,000/- is refunded to candidate and ₹5,000/- of the application fee is non-refundable. GST is non-refundable.
|No. of Installments --|
|Instalment No.||Amount (in )|
|Initial Application Fee Payment||10,000|
|Timeline and Dates|
|Programme Start Date||02-Sep-2023|
|Programme End Date||01-Jul-2024|