Boosted by the opening up of the economy in the 1990s, India’s entrepreneurial activity has witnessed unprecedented growth and evolution and has contributed significantly to the nation’s economic development. Today, it is the world’s 3rd largest source of start-ups, and has been ranked the 2nd most entrepreneurial country in the world in the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM) India Report 2020-21 (gemconsortium.org), ahead of large economic powerhouses such as the United States, China, and the UK. The Indian start-up ecosystem witnessed exponential growth between 2015 and 2021, recording a 9X increase in the number of investors; a 7X increase in the total funding of Start-ups; and a 7X increase in the number of incubators (investindia.gov.in).
The Executive Management Programme in Entrepreneurship Development (EMPED) has been designed by the Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (DMS-IITD) to encourage aspiring Indian entrepreneurs, and work with them closely to facilitate incubation and venture funding for all those business ideas that make the cut. With its world-class resources, DMS-IITD is committed to espousing the true entrepreneurial spirit by perpetuating the broader and underlying economic benefits – both at the individual level and also at the societal level – through this course.
EMPED is not just a course, but a platform to foster entrepreneurial culture and to nurture entrepreneurial talent. This course is tailored to fulfil the entrepreneurial aspirations of those who wish to step a foot in this domain. It is a 6-month intensive programme that offers mentorship to candidates and monitors their potential business ideas to convert them into early-stage ventures. The course is built around the ethos of creating a thriving ecosystem to test, execute, seek, and transform business ideas into successful businesses. With faculty masterclass sessions, founders’ insights, industry experts, live mentoring, peer support, and pitching sessions, this is the right platform to convert your business ideas into thriving ventures.
- A programme from Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi. DMS is ranked #5 in NIRF (2021) & ranked #2 as per QS World University Ranking 2022 in India.
- Learning Through Live Discussions, Case Studies, and Guest Lectures
- Campus Immersion and Entrepreneurship Conclave at IIT Delhi Campus
- Opportunity for Mentorship, Venture Funding, and Incubation, at IIT Delhi
- CEP, IIT Delhi Certification
The immersive programme with a consultative learning approach will help participants acquire an entrepreneurial mindset and orient them with practical knowledge and essential perspectives on entrepreneurship.
- Benefit from a well-crafted platform to imbibe the entrepreneurial culture, and be a part of entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Learn how to nourish purposeful business ideas, and incubate and fund meritorious business opportunities.
- Get equipped with well-grounded skills to ideate, establish, grow, and scale up entrepreneurial ventures.
- Graduation/Post Graduation in any discipline
- Work experience preferred
- Selection based on application review
The programme curriculum comprises the following topics:
Disclaimer: Programme content/topics are indicative only, and the suggested time and sequence may be dropped/modified/adapted to fit the total programme hours.
Entrepreneurial Ecosystem and Venture Creation
• Creativity, Innovation, and Design Thinking
• Marketing Management and Digital Marketing
• Marketing Research for Entrepreneurship
• Entrepreneurial Operations and Decisions
• Strategic Leadership and Team Management
• Entrepreneurial Finance
• Business Plan Development and Pitching Skills
• Business Laws and Policy Regulations
• Growing and Scaling Up Entrepreneurial Ventures
• Entrepreneurial Failure Management
• Candidates who score at least 60% marks overall and have minimum attendance of 60% will receive a Certificate of Completion from IIT Delhi CEP.
• Candidates who score less than 60% marks overall and have minimum attendance of 60% will receive a Certificate of Participation from IIT Delhi CEP.
|Fee Particulars||Amount (in )|
Note: All fees should be submitted in IITD CEP Account only, and the details will be shared post selection.
|No. of Installments -Total amount to be paid in 3 installments.|
|Instalment No.||Amount (in )|
|Timeline and Dates|
|Last date to apply||19-Jul-2022|
|Shortlisted candidates will be informed by||23-May-2022|
|Programme start date||24-Jul-2022|
|Programme end date||31-Jan-2023|
- Case Studies
- Guest Lectures