Strategic finance involves forecasting long-term financial objectives and future investments to maximise organisations return on investment and drive growth. A certificate programme in strategic finance helps you learn how to make better financial decisions and build strategic financial leadership skills.
IIM Visakhapatnam’s Executive Certificate Programme in Strategic Finance helps participants gain an expert understanding of strategic finance, to be able to manage future-focused teams, drive growth in a fast-evolving business landscape, and to help navigate through a disruptive digital economy.
This programme is designed to suit all junior to senior-level managers working in the public and private sectors, who want to gain an understanding of applied finance. It is also suitable for young executives who are looking to build specialised competency in the finance domain. The programme contents are designed such that participants need not have prior knowledge of finance.
- Contextually designed 9 months programme for professionals who want to gain an understanding of applied finance
3-day on-campus immersion
Focus on real business use cases
Peer learning & networking opportunities
At the end of this programme, the participants would be familiar with/should be proficient in:
- Critically analysing issues in financial strategy, financial markets, and instruments, risk measurement and management, valuation, and pricing
- Design practical and sustainable solutions to complex issues in applied finance based on research established knowledge, and professional judgment
- Understand the methods and applications for identifying and solving issues in finances
- Diploma (10+2+3)/Graduate (10+2+3)/Post Graduate degree in any discipline, from any recognised university.
- Minimum 1 year of work experience required
- Evaluation methodologies are at the discretion of the faculty. The methodology includes online exams, case analysis, class contribution, and any other component as decided by the faculty.
- The programme may require participants to work on individual/group assignments and/or projects. The main objective of such assignments/projects will be to help the participants apply their conceptual learning in the programme to actual organisational decision scenarios.
- The participants will have to secure the minimum pass marks in the respective valuation components.
Executive Certificate Program in Strategic Finance” for those who successfully complete the prescribed course of study and fulfil all other academic requirements.
Prof. M Shameem Jawed
Prof. Kaveri Krishnan
|Fee Particulars||Amount (in )|
|Total Fees (Including Application Fees)||2,04,000 + GST|
*All fees are exclusive of applicable taxes.
** Includes application fee of ₹2,500. The amount of ₹10,000 is refundable in case IIM Visakhapatnam rejects the participant’s profile.
|No. of Installments -4 Installments|
|Instalment No.||Amount (in )|
|Installment 1||49000 + 10000|
|Timeline and Dates|
|Application Closure Date||09-Jul-2023|
|Academic Orientation Date||15-Jul-2023|
|Programme End Date||01-Feb-2024|
The teaching approach will be highly interactive leveraging technology and deploy diverse pedagogical tools and techniques. However, it will be driven predominantly through lectures, case-based discussions. These discussions will simulate real-world decision-making within the classroom.