The quality of leadership is often considered to be an important determinant of an organisation’s growth. People in senior management play a prime role in the success of an organisation. As a member of your organisation’s senior management, you’re responsible for leading the employees towards achieving the shared organisational goals of success and growth
Pursuing a Senior Management Programme will help you acquire a strategic perspective, gain relevant knowledge, develop new skills, forge stronger relationships, and foster creativity and self-confidence. It will empower you to overcome the inertia in your career and catalyse career advancement. IIM Nagpur’s Senior Management Programme (SMP) empowers you with the opportunity to be a senior management professional in India’s leading companies.
The Senior Management Programme (SMP) from IIM Nagpur is an online certificate programme, thoughtfully designed for executive who want to be instrumental in their organisation’s growth story by way of designing strategies, cross-functional integration, execution, and change management. The programme curriculum enables building fundamental business management skills among participants and exposes them to verticals and departments critical for organisational success. Experienced and senior executives get an opportunity to refresh their skillsets and understand their strengths to optimally align them for organisational growth.
Key Skills of Senior Management Professionals (inforgraphic)
- Awareness of the business and operating environment
- Forward planning and strategic thinking
- Interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and motivation skills
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Strong organisational, time and resource management
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- High levels of self-management, flexibility, responsiveness, and adaptability
- Organisation and delegation
- Self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Guidance and mentorship
- Leadership lessons for self, others, and the organisation
- Blue Ocean Strategy formulation
- Balanced Scorecard for holistic performance management
- Chamber consulting by IIM Nagpur faculty
- A 3-day campus immersion
- IIM Nagpur Alumni status
- Diploma (10+2+3) or bachelor’s degree or equivalent (10+2+3 or 10+2+4) or 2-year master’s degree or equivalent from a recognised university approved by UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government in any discipline
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience* post-completion of qualifying education
- Participants who fulfil the above criteria but are not working currently are also eligible for the programme
- Final selection will be done by IIM Nagpur
*Internship and training experiences are not considered as full-time work experience.
Participants would be selected based on their overall profile and credentials.
The programme content comprises the following modules.
|Leadership: Self, Others, and Organisation
• Leadership traits, styles, skills, and situations
• Managing oneself and developing as a leader
• Developing and leading successful teams
• Consensus building and devising win-win strategies
|Strategic Marketing in the Digital World
• Integrated communication strategies in a digital world
• Marketing analytics for consumer insights
• Digital marketing strategy simulation
|Financial Statements’ Analysis
• Financial ratios for managerial decisions
• Financial levers of profitable revenue growth
|Leading Highly Strategic Projects
• Project portfolio management and leadership
• Project feasibility analysis, project financing, and contracts
• Project execution planning and risk
|Strategic Thinking and Decision-making
• Dimensions of strategic mindset
• Getting leadership team to think strategically
• Strategic decision-making and strategic alignment
|Global Value Creation: Strategic Supply Chain Management
• Sourcing and supply chain coordination
• Supply chain planning
• Supplier development and outsourcing
|Corporate Financial Management
• Financial planning
• Capital budgeting and investments
• Long-term financing decisions
• Working capital management decisions
|Digital Transformation: AI, BA, IoT and Data Science
• Business rationale for digital transformation
• Leveraging technology for business excellence
|Blue Ocean Strategy Formulation for Profitable Growth
• Strategy formulation
• Analysing key trends in external environment
• Aligning resources and capabilities with strategy
• Discovering blue oceans and driving profitable growth
|Strategic Human Resource Management (HRM)
• HRM and sustained competitive advantage
• Emerging HR practices, processes, and systems in globalised organisations
• HR practices and organisational culture
• HR challenges in emerging economies
|Leadership of International Businesses
• Understanding international contexts
• Choosing internationalisation as a growth lever
• Leading and managing international businesses
• International business leadership: HR, legal, and financial functional dimensions
|Strategy Implementation and Organisational Transformation
• Balanced Scorecard for holistic performance management
• Overcoming resistance to change
• Organisational learning and knowledge management
|Enterprise Risk Management
• Concept of enterprise risk
• Macroeconomic, financial, and technological risks
• Risk management systems and processes
|Corporate Governance, CSR, and Sustainability
• Governance Partnership: Investors, organisation, directors, executive leadership
• Corporate Social Responsibility: Changing expectations, CSR strategies
• Business sustainability and triple bottom-line (people-planet-profit) approach
|Future of Leadership and Management: Contemporary Themes
• Future of work
• Cutting-edge business models in the new economy
• Leadership of gig economy workforce
- Participants who successfully meet the evaluation criteria and satisfy the requisite attendance criteria will be awarded a ‘Certificate of Completion’.
- Successful candidates will also be accorded IIM Nagpur Alumni status.
*All certificate images are for illustrative purposes only and may be subject to change at the discretion of IIM Nagpur.
|Fee Particulars||Amount (in )|
|Total Fee(without Application fee)||4,30,000|
* GST will be additional as applicable.
|No. of Installments -Total amount to be paid in 4 installments.|
|Instalment No.||Amount (in )|
|Timeline and Dates|
|Application Closure Date||16-Jul-2023|
|Sessions Commencement (with or without campus visit)||06-Aug-2023|
|Programme End Date||01-Aug-2024|
- Collection of all fees will be done by IIM Nagpur. From the Application page, participants will be redirected to IIM Nagpur payment portal.
- *GST as per prevailing rate is applicable and will be collected additionally from the candidate/participant. Current GST rate is 18%.
- **Processing Fee is ₹15,000 which includes ₹2,500 towards Application Fee and ₹12,500 towards Tuition Fee. In case a participant profile is rejected by IIM Nagpur, Tuition Fee of ₹12,500 will be refunded to the participants.
- During campus visit, participants who want to stay extra nights at IIM Nagpur campus will have to pay additional charges directly to IIM Nagpur. This shall be subject to accommodation availability at the campus for extra nights.