TRUST – is the prevailing issue when money comes into picture. Hence, after many failed attempts at creating digital currency in the past, in 2009, Satoshi Nakamoto implemented a ledger model by using a technology called ‘Blockchain’. Thus, the Bitcoin ledger came into being. Other well-known blockchains like Ethereum and Ripple go beyond currency, such as bonds. Blockchain is a digital ledger of transactions, a distributed database that stores information in groups called ‘blocks’ and is shared across the entire network of computers on the blockchain. Each block stores a specific number of transactions based on its storage capacity, and when filled, the block is closed and linked to the previously filled block, forming a chain of blocks arranged chronologically.
- Contextually designed programme for working professionals
- Campus immersion module of 3 days
- Chamber Consulting by IIM Nagpur Faculty
- Blockchain use cases and applications
- Capstone project on using Blockchain technology for a real-world use case scenario
- IIM Nagpur alumni status
- To understand blockchain concepts, its applications, benefits, limitations, and the future challenges and risks of blockchain technologies.
- Understand the technical underpinnings of blockchain technology at sufficient depth to perform analysis.
- Understand relevant legal, ethical, and privacy issues and how they might impact policy and actions of organisations or individuals.
- Apply various blockchain concepts to analyse real-world challenges that blockchain technologies may assist solve.
- Make decisions about the use (or not) of blockchain technology in systems and support decisions with relevant arguments.
- To expose the participants to the smart contracts on various blockchain platforms like Ethereum and Hyperledger Fabric.
- 50% aggregate in Diploma (10+2+3) or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (10+2+3 or 10+2+4) or 2-Year Master’s Degree or equivalent from a recognised university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU) in any discipline
- Minimum 2 years of work experience* in IT/Software Development/Coding and related fields, after completion of qualifying education
- Participants who fulfil the above criteria and are not currently working are also eligible to apply
- Final selection will be done by IIM Nagpur
*Internship and training experiences are not considered as fulltime work experience.
The programme is delivered through blended learning mode. The in-class component will involve a variety of pedagogical techniques like lectures, case discussions, simulation games, role-plays, group projects, and other experiential exercises. The online component, delivered through a state-of-the-art Interactive Learning platform, will facilitate learning in synchronous mode using multimedia components for enhanced engagement and experience.
This course is divided into 3 Modules.
|Smart Contracts and Decentralised Applications|
|Blockchain Use cases and Applications- I|
|Blockchain Use cases and Applications- II|
|Blockchain Use Cases and Applications- III|
|Blockchain Architectures and Platforms|
|Campus Module: Blockchain Capstone Project|
Participants who successfully meet the evaluation criteria and satisfy the requisite attendance criteria, will be awarded a ‘Certificate of Completion’.
Successful participants will also be accorded IIM Nagpur Alumni status.
|Fee Particulars||Amount (in )|
|Total Programme Fee (without Application Fee)||2,25,000|
|No. of Installments -Total amount to be paid in 4 installments.|
|Instalment No.||Amount (in )|
|Timeline and Dates|
|Application Closure Date||26-Jul-2022|
|Sessions commencement (with or without campus visit)||29-Oct-2022|
|Programme End Date||31-Aug-2023|