Sales & Marketing are integral and interlinked functions in any organisation where marketing plays a crucial role in supporting sales. Marketing builds a relationship between the customer and product, whereas Sales helps translate the product message to the customer. In marketing-friendly language, marketing develops the value proposition, while salespeople are the stewards of the value proposition.
Every company in every industry requires sales & marketing, opening unlimited career opportunities for qualified professionals.
So, if you are looking to build a career in sales & marketing or are a seasoned professional, you must have a broad understanding of current marketing trends and constantly update your marketing strategies to get ahead of the game. IIM Lucknow’s Executive Programme in Sales & Marketing will enhance your capabilities to help you accelerate your sales & marketing career.
The Executive Programme in Sales & Marketing (EPSM) from the Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIM Lucknow) is a comprehensive course that integrates contemporary knowledge, skills, tools and techniques in Sales and Marketing functions. Taught by expert and eminent faculty of IIM Lucknow, this ten-month programme is designed to empower participants with a thorough understanding of theoretical principles as well their application to practical aspects of a business. The Direct-to-Device programme (Live lectures accessed by participants on their smartphone/tablet/laptop/desktop) comprises of a 3-day, on-campus module at the end of the programme. All participants will have access to IIM Lucknow’s Learning Management System with the flexibility to reach out to the faculty for queries and clarifications at any time throughout the duration of the course. This programme from IIM Lucknow is conceptualised to address the critical need of sales leaders and marketing managers who are ready to take on the challenge of not only to profitably retain their customers but also to hunt for new customers and accounts, market expansion and using technology and digital media to grow manifold.
- Understand Theories & Working Principles of Sales & Marketing
- Create Strategic and Tactical Frameworks of Sales & Marketing
- Evaluate Contribution Margin of each entity in Sales & Marketing
- Analyse Efficacy of Sales & Marketing Strategy
- Apply Tools & Techniques of Digital Marketing & Analytics
- Contemporary Sales and Marketing programme taught by expert faculty
- Understanding customer orientation and market orientation for business success
- In-depth knowledge of marketing concepts and digital & social media marketing tools
- Ten-month online course accessed through their tablet, laptop, or desktop
- One 3-day on-campus session at IIM Lucknow campus (subject to Covid situation)
- Convenient class schedule for professionals
- Enormous peer learning and networking opportunities with people from varied sectors
- IIM Lucknow Certificate and IIM Lucknow MDP Alumni Status (optional) on course completion
Education - Graduates (10+2+3) or Diploma Holders (only 10+2+3) from a recognised university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline with minimum 50% aggregate marks of all years
Experience - At least 4 years of work experience post completion of qualifying education
Profiles will be assesed by IIM Lucknow's faculty on the basis of Academics, work experience and Statement of Purpose.
The programme will be divided in three modules:
|Introduction to Marketing Management||The objective of this course is to develop the participants’ analytical skills, conceptual abilities, and substantive knowledge in the field of marketing management. It seeks to achieve the stated objectives by helping them undergo meaningful exercises in decision making in a variety of real-life marketing situations covering, but not limited to:||
|Understanding your Consumers||The objective of this course is to develop the participants’ analytical skills, conceptual abilities and substantive knowledge in the field of marketing management. It seeks to help marketers undergo meaningful exercises in decision making in a variety of real-life marketing situations through an in-depth understanding of:||
|Marketing Research and Analytics||
The objective of this course is to develop the participants’ appreciation for the field of marketing research. It seeks to achieve the objectives by helping the participants undergo understand why we need to do marketing and how is it done? It shall cover various topics such as:
|B2B Sales and Marketing||The objective of this course is to help participants appreciate the importance and differences between consumer markets and business markets. It seeks to provide an detailed understanding on the specificities of B2B sales and marketing theories and techniques covering, but not limited to:||
|Channel Design and Distribution Management||To provide participants with an understanding of the important role that the distributors and distribution activities play in organisational success. It seeks to highlight the major decision areas to develop a robust distribution network and to provide analytical frameworks and approaches that will facilitate decision making.||
|Brand Management||Understand the core concepts of Brand Management and Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC). Develop competitive and positioning strategies and to select the target audience(s) for the IMC campaign plan.||
|Strategic planning for competitive advantage||The course has been designed to familiarise students with the strategic and holistic aspects of marketing, and their practical implications in real world. This includes:||
|Digital and Social Media Marketing||The Internet may be accessed through a variety of devices, including mobile phone, tablets, or personal computers. The Internet (and accessing it through various devices), today, is an important component of any company’s channel mix or media mix. The access and use of the Internet also gave rise to content that is digital in nature, and often imbue an essence that is significantly different from traditional marketing channels and approaches. Therefore, an in-depth understanding is essential for harnessing the marketing potential that this maturing medium offers. The opportunities, problems, tactics, and strategies associated with incorporating the Internet into the marketing function are examined.||
|Online vs offline Retailing||Understand the linkage of Business Strategy, Marketing Strategy and Retail Strategy both in the offline and online mode. Make the students aware about different Strategic Retail interventions and their economic potential. Facilitate good understanding of present Retail Scenario in the e Commerce era.||
The project as a synthesis of the various concepts learned so far and applied to an actual sales and marketing problem.
- Students who successfully clear the evaluation and attendance criteria will be awarded a ‘Certificate of Completion’ from IIM Lucknow.
- Candidates will not qualify for successful completion if they fail in more than two courses.
- Students who are unable to clear the evaluation criteria but fulfil the requisite attendance criteria will receive a ‘Certificate of Participation’.
- Successful candidates will also be accorded IIM Lucknow Executive Alumni status. (Optional).
|Fee Particulars||Amount (in )|
|Total fee (Including Application & Executive Alumni Fee)||2,47,500|
|No. of Installments -All amount payable in 3 installments|
|Instalment No.||Amount (in )|
|Timeline and Dates|
|Application Closure Date||01-May-2023|
|Class Start Date||25-Jun-2023|
|Tentative Programme End Date||23-May-2023|
- The primary instruction method will be through live lectures that will be delivered online via the internet to participants’ desktops/laptops (Direct-to-Device, D-2-D). The lectures will be delivered by faculty from IIM Lucknow.
- The pedagogy will comprise of interactive sessions and class exercises in order to help participants gain the knowledge and understanding to apply their learning to practical scenarios.
- All enrolled students will also be provided access to the Learning Management System (LMS) platform. Students may access other learning aids, reference materials and assessments, case studies, projects, and assignments, as appropriate.