Finance is one of the fastest growing sectors in India and the shortage of skilled talent has led to a huge demand for finance professionals with management and analytical competencies. As such, upskilled professionals with professional credentials enjoy lucrative career prospects including better job opportunities, faster promotions, and accelerated mobility in career trajectories.
The banking and financial services industry is turning its focus toward innovation to prepare for a future that will be increasingly driven by technological innovations, regulatory reforms, ongoing digital transformation, collaboration with FinTech, and the use of artificial intelligence and robotics. As Industry 4.0 consolidates in India, the banking and financial services sector will play a pivotal role in helping the nation attain its economic ambitions.
Financial statements provide the means to measure the performance of a company and its strategy. Today’s advanced technology increases the importance of expert financial analysis. IIM Lucknow’s Executive Programme in Applied Finance (EPAF) focuses on financial statement analysis by helping the participants to understand, analyse and use financial statements for making better decisions.
- Overview of the Indian financial system
- Programme curriculum covers concepts such as Binomial Option Pricing Models and Black-Scholes Formula
- A flexible, location-independent, and blended programme designed for working professionals
- Suitable for both finance and non-finance professionals
- A 3-day campus immersion
- IIM Lucknow Executive Alumni status and Certification
- Learn how to evaluate financial statements, balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Understand the use of financial management frameworks and integrated business analysis towards organisational strategy.
- Develop effective financial strategies across all business verticals.
- Become an expert in applied finance with advanced theoretical and practical knowledge required to solve business problems.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of advanced topics like Demand and Supply Behaviour, Risk & Return Models, Investment Analysis, and Portfolio Management.
- Demonstrate how to apply financial tools, strategies, and frameworks to solve industry issues with effects that move through the economy and society.
- Diploma (10+2+3)/bachelor’s degree or equivalent (10+2+3 or 10+2+4)/2 years’ master’s degree or equivalent from a recognised university or institution approved by UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government in any discipline.
- Minimum 50% aggregate marks of all years in the qualifying education.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience post completion of qualifying education
Participants will be selected based on their overall profile.
The programme is divided into multiple modules, each focussing on different aspects or functions of Applied Finance.
- Fundamental Micro and Macroeconomic Concepts, Theories and Applications
- Demand and Supply Behaviour
- Price and Output Determination in Competitive and Non-competitive Markets
- National Income, Monetary Policy, Inflation, Fiscal Policy, and Business Environment Analysis
- Understanding Financial Statements: Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement
- Interpreting Financial Statements through Financial Ratios
- Trend Analysis, Common-size Analysis and Other Indicators
- Strategic Evaluation of Cash Flow Statement
- Profitability Analysis
- Economic Value Added - Measuring Overall Performance
- Earnings Management - Red Flags
- Value and Return Analysis
- Capital Investment Decision, NPV, IRR, and Other Sophisticated Techniques
- Cost of Capital, Capital Structure, Dividend Decision
- Financial Planning and Strategies
- Cost Behaviour and Analysis
- Overhead Allocation and Analysis
- Cost-Volume-Profit (CVP) and Break-Even Analysis
- Relevant Cost Analysis for Tactical Decision-making
- Flexible Budgeting, Pricing Policy and Other Decisions & Variance Analysis
- Discounted Cash Flow Method
- Economic Value Added (EVA)
- Residual Income Valuation
- P/B, P/E, and Other Capital Market Indicators
- Valuation of IPOs
- M&A Process
- Valuation, Pricing
- Strategic vs. Financial Acquisition
- Cross Border M&A and JV
- Buy-outs and LBO
- Fixed Income Markets
- Bond Pricing and Duration
- Convexity and Bond Volatility
- Term Structure of Interest Rates
- Mortgage-backed Securities
- Corporate Bonds with Embedded Options and Risks
- Fundamental Analysis of Securities
- Asset Allocation in Practice
- Portfolio Selection and Diversification
- Behavioural Finance and Portfolio Management
- Risk and Return Models
- Deal Assessment and Valuation
- Capital Structure
- Managerial Incentives
- Monitoring and Exiting
- Financial Markets: Financial Institutions/Financial Intermediaries: Financial Instruments
- Capital Market, Money Market
- Candidates meeting requisite attendance requirements and clearing the comprehensive evaluation will be awarded ‘Certificate of Successful Completion’ from IIM Lucknow.
- Candidates not clearing the comprehensive evaluation but meeting requisite attendance criterion will be awarded ‘Certificate of Participation’.
- Successful participants will also be accorded IIM Lucknow Executive Alumni status.
|Fee Particulars||Amount (in )|
|IIML Executive Alumni Fee (Optional)||10,000|
|Total Fee (Including Application & Alumni Fee)||2,38,750 + GST|
*GST will be additional as applicable. Current GST rate is 18%.
· At the time of application, Processing Fee of ₹10,000 will be charged. Processing Fee includes ₹2,500 towards the Applicati
|No. of Installments -Total amount to be paid in 3 installments.|
|Instalment No.||Amount (in )|
|Timeline and Dates|
|Application Closure Date||12-Jun-2022|
|Programme Start Date||06-Aug-2022|
|Course Completion Timeline||31-Jul-2023|
- The teaching approach will be highly interactive taking advantage of live streaming of sessions.
- The pedagogy followed for the programme will be a judicious blend of lectures, real life case studies, quizzes, assignments etc