Strategic leadership is a leader’s ability to visualize, plan, lead, and make the best out of the resources they have to execute strategies efficiently and successfully. Organisations around the globe are looking for strategic leaders in order to reinvent operational practices, mitigate risks, scale the business to a new level. IIM Lucknow’s Advanced Programme in Strategy for Leaders (APSL) polishes your skills to help you emerge as a strategic leader. The course will help you develop a detailed understanding of how to make the best use of your current skills with the necessary vision to make systemic changes to the way your organisation moves forward.
Advanced Programme in Strategy for Leaders
The Advanced Programme in Strategy for Leaders from IIM Lucknow is a comprehensive programme designed to impart core knowledge and skills required to lead a business or organisation from a strategy perspective. The curriculum will expose participants to basic concepts and framework of strategy and help them learn strategy formulation at different levels of an organisation. Further, participants will be taught to link strategy formulation and strategy implementation and acquire in-depth insights into advanced topics in strategy.
A business strategy is a set of guiding principles that when communicated and adopted in the organisation, generates a desired pattern of decision-making. (Harvard Business Review)
A coherent strategy is what separates a successful organisation from others. However, executing an organisational strategy to perfection is a team effort front-ended by leaders.
“Strategy is nothing without effective leaders to execute.”
In contemporary organisations, there are two major strategic roles of leaders:
- Outlining the organisational strategy, i.e., Strategy Formulation
- Developing systems and processes to ensure strategy realisation, i.e., Strategy Implementation
- Contextually designed 11-month programme for working professionals
- Campus immersion module of 3 days
- Focus on real business use cases
- Peer-learning & networking opportunities
- IIM Lucknow Executive Education Alumni status
This programme enables participants to understand concepts like:
- The meaning of strategy and relevance of strategic decisions
- Conceptual framework in strategic management
- Strategy types, formulation, and implementation
- Strategy in organisational and functional context
- Change management and transformation
- Diploma (10+2+3 or 4)/Graduates (10+2+3)/Postgraduates (after 10+2+3) from a recognised university or institution approved by UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU in any discipline with a minimum 50% aggregate of all years
- Minimum 5 years of work experience* post completion of qualifying education
- The applicant must be currently working
*Internships and trainee experiences will not be considered as full-time work experience.
Selection on the basis of the following:
- Application Form
- Statement of Purpose (minimum 100 words) submitted along with the application
- Telephonic interview by Programme Directors, if warranted
The programme content comprises the following modules.
- Introduction to strategy and strategic decisions
- Conceptual framework in strategic management
- Understanding economic and business landscape
- Challenges of new disruptive business models
- Evaluation of external environment: general, industry, and competitor
- Assessment of resources, capabilities and competencies
- Building organisational vision and mission
- Developing business strategy
- Competitive rivalry and dynamics
- Developing corporate strategy
- Developing international strategy
- Cooperative strategies: Strategic alliances and joint ventures
- Mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Technology and Innovation strategy
- Shaping strategies
- BOP strategies
- Strategy in emerging markets
- Corporate intrapreneurship
- Non-market strategy
- Designing and analysing business experiments
- Strategy implementation
- Organisation structure and management control
- Corporate governance, ethics and corporate social responsibility
- Corporate & Strategic communication
- Management of change and transformation
GROUP PROJECT DISCUSSION AND PRESENTATION
- Participants who successfully meet the evaluation criteria of COPM (Cumulative Overall Percentage of Marks) 50% and above; and satisfy the requisite attendance criteria of 75% and above; will be awarded a ‘Certificate of Completion’.
- Participants who are unable to clear the evaluation criteria but have a minimum attendance of 40% and above, will be awarded a ‘Certificate of Participation’ (No certificate will be awarded if attendance is less than 40%).
- Successful participants will also be accorded IIM Lucknow executive alumni status (optional).
|Fee Particulars||Amount (in )|
|Application Fee||2,500 + GST|
|Programme Fee||2,78,000 + GST|
|Total Fees (Including Application Fee)||2,80.500+GST|
|No. of Installments -Total amount to be paid in 3 installments.|
|Instalment No.||Amount (in )|
|Timeline and Dates|
|Application Closure Date||20-Feb-2023|
|Tentative Programme End Date||20-Jan-2024|
Learning by doing will be the dominant pedagogy of this highly experiential programme. The participants would take part in comprehensive case analysis and presentation, live corporate examples and discussions, and projects. To provide greater insights, business leaders from different industries may be invited to share their experiences.
The participants will submit a business plan/strategy at the end of the second module, which will be implemented during the third module, and a report shall be prepared, presented, and discussed during the campus module.