Regardless of industry size, project-driven or not, companies (core as well as ITES) can leverage project management capability into a competitive advantage by completing work on time and on the budget in an environment which reinforces alignment with organisational strategy.
In the past, many projects failed due to limited knowledge of project management by the team leaders and managers. The non – repetitive, irreversible nature of these activities and huge capital investments makes the knowledge of scientific and advanced skills mandatory for the proper management of projects. The challenges have only further been enhanced due to digital technologies as well as COVID 19 pandemic. For example, understanding software project management is a key success factor along with technical skills for IT architects. This programme is designed to impart the necessary skills in managing large projects in different domains ranging from construction to IT in the era of new normal of with prominent role of emerging digital technologies and associated digital transformation projects.
As per a PWC study, 97% of organisations believe that project management is critical
- Comprehensive curriculum taught by IIM Kozhikode faculty
- Real-life case studies
- Global best practices in Project Management
- Hands-on experience of MS project software
- 2-day campus immersion
- Certification from IIM Kozhikode
- Discover the project life cycle and learn how to build a successful project from pre-implementation to completion
- Identify the scope, requirements and stakeholders of a project – to plan, analyse, prioritise and evaluate its schedule, costs, risks, time required, quality, etc., in implementing the project
- Evaluate the probability and consequences of risks, and plan the risk management activities for each stage of the project life cycle
- Select traditional and/or agile approaches to manage procurement, costs, time, stakeholders, communications and ethical perspectives of the project
- Learn to plan, analyse, prioritise and evaluate project schedule, costs, risks, time required, quality, etc.
- Select an appropriate approach (traditional or agile) approaches to manage the project and the ethical perspectives of the project
- Evaluate the probability and consequences of risks, and plan the risk management activities required in the project
- Take the project from pre-implementation stage to completion successfully
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (10+2+3 or 10+2+4) or Integrated Masters’ Degree (10+2+5)
- Relevant work experience of a minimum of 3 years (preferable in the project in any role) after completion of qualifying education
Participants will be selected based on their overall profile and credentials.
The programme has 25 modules with 50 hours of instruction by IIM Kozhikode faculty, spread over a period of 4 months.
|1. Introduction to Strategic Project Management||16. Negotiation & Conflict Management|
|2. Projects in R&D Environments||17. Project Stake Holder Management|
|3. Project Life Cycle Management and software development life cycle||18. Project Contract Management|
|4. Project Selection & Formulation||19. Project Control Systems|
|5. Project Financial Appraisal||20. Project Procurement Management|
|6. Market Appraisal||21. Project Quality Management|
|7. Project Organisation, Team||22. Disaster Project Management|
|8. Enhancing Project Leadership||23. Introduction to Agile and Disciplined Agile Project Management|
|9. Project Time & Cost Estimation||24. Software Project Management|
|10. Developing Project Plans||25. International Project Management|
|11. Working with MS Project||26. Project Audit & Closure|
|12. Scheduling Project Resources||27. New normal and Digitization effects on Managing Projects.|
|13. Project Risk Management||28. Managing Digital Transformation Projects|
|14. Critical Chain Project Management|
|15. Project Progress & Performance Management|
- Participants who successfully complete the programme and satisfy the requisite attendance criteria, will be awarded a ‘Certificate of Completion.
- Participants who are unable to clear the evaluation criteria but have the requisite attendance will be awarded a ‘Certificate of Participation.
|Fee Particulars||Amount (in )|
|Archive for students||It will be provided to all students till the end of the programme|
Note: “In case the candidate rejects the offer from the Institute then the processing fees will be not refunded.”
|No. of Installments -Total amount to be paid in 3 installments.|
|Instalment No.||Amount (in )|
|Timeline and Dates|
|Application closure date||19-Feb-2022|
|Class Start Date||26-Feb-2022|
|Programme end date||20-Sep-2022|
The pedagogy followed for the programme takes advantage of the technological benefits and will take an interactive approach with a judicious blend of
- Case studies
- Participants’ experience sharing
To be published.Apply Now