Despite the pandemic, the Indian entrepreneurial terrain possesses the qualities required for developing innovative solutions – the inclination towards taking risks, the ability for fast decision-making, and courageous leadership. Here is your chance to make a mark and contribute towards uplifting the economy and pursue your dream of owning and running your business. Acquire the transformative knowledge and turn your fantastic startup idea into a successful business with IIM Kozhikode’s Professional Certificate Programme in Entrepreneurship and New Venture Creation (PCPENVC) and innovate products that can create a niche in this dynamically changing world.
Professional Certificate Programme In Entrepreneurship And New Venture Creation (PCPENVC) introduces the participants to the theory and practical implementation of entrepreneurship as a practice of economic and social value creation. The emphasis is on the different stages related to the entrepreneurial process through theoretical exploration, case studies, interaction, practical insights, online simulation, and interdisciplinary due diligence sessions in law, human resources, operations, economics, IT, and technology, with a motive to expose the participants to the problems, issues, and challenges of starting a new entrepreneurial venture.
Primarily, an individual has the following three options: creating a new venture, buying an existing business, and taking a franchise. This programme discusses all these three options and highlights the merits and demerits of these options. This programme will benefit those interested in either launching their business venture or working for a small business. By participating in a web-based simulation, the participants develop abilities to start a company, mobilise resources, make critical decisions relating to human resources, marketing, manufacturing, operations, and management in a competitive environment.
India currently houses the world's third-largest startup ecosystem, with 38 firms being valued at over $1 billion, a.k.a. the unicorns. In 2020, the country forged more than 12 such new unicorns regardless of the economic disruption due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The number is expected to rise further in the coming years with technology playing a significant role in unlocking the startup potential (Source: economictimes.indiatimes.com). India’s thriving startup ecosystem, despite the pandemic, bears testimony to the power of the entrepreneurial sector. It possesses the qualities required for developing innovative solutions – the inclination towards taking risks, the ability for fast decision-making, and courageous leadership. Here is your chance to make a mark on the Indian entrepreneurial terrain, contribute towards uplifting the economy and pursue your dream of owning and running your business.
IIM Kozhikode’s PCPENVC introduces participants to the theory and practical implementation of entrepreneurship as a practice of economic and social value creation. The emphasis is on the different stages related to the entrepreneurial process through experiential pedagogy and interdisciplinary due diligence sessions in law, human resources, operations, economics, IT, and technology.
PCPENVC will benefit those interested in launching their business venture by helping them acquire knowledge and develop capabilities to start a company; mobilise resources; and make critical financial, operational, and managerial decisions in a competitive environment. The process will evaluate their strengths and isolate the gaps that need to be plugged to cultivate the qualities and profile of a successful entrepreneur.
- Contextually designed 8-month programme for aspiring entrepreneurs
- Entrepreneurial Opportunity Recognition, Evaluation, and Action
- Entrepreneurship Simulation & Business Plan Project Pitch
- Exclusive Access to IIMK LIVE (Laboratory for Innovation Venturing & Entrepreneurship)
- Opportunity to connect with other aspiring entrepreneurs and build a network of valuable connections.
- The program is taught by experienced entrepreneurs and business leaders who can provide valuable insights
The IIM Kozhikode Professional Certificate Programme in Entrepreneurship and New Venture will help participants to
- Understand the concepts and processes to turn an idea into a real business and a market opportunity into a business plan
- Achieve personal competencies through analysis and assess entrepreneurship as a career choice
- Achieve workplace competencies through creative thinking, planning, and prioritising work tasks
- Achieve technical competencies by developing a business idea into a sustainable, viable, and scalable business model
- Develop the competency to interpret and synthesise a feasible business plan using interdisciplinary subject knowledge
- Understand the role of entrepreneurship in economy and social development via adaptability and sustainability
- Use critical thinking to create a plan and procedure, execute managerial strategy, and evaluate the effectiveness of these strategies in the entrepreneurial venture.
- Understand business and revenue models; entrepreneurial financing; and business valuation
- Understand and anticipate the competition, the industry, and the business environment
- Effectively tackle growth challenges to support an expansion plan, including new partners and investors
- Graduates (10+2+3 or 10+2+4) or Diploma Holders (10+2+3) in any discipline from a recognised university in any stream from any recognised University or Institution (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) and a desirable work experience* of minimum 1 year as on program start date.
- Fresh Graduates will be considered on case-to-case basis
*Internships and Training Experiences will not be considered in full time work-experience
Participants would be selected based on their overall profile and credentials.
The programme content comprises the following modules.
- An Introduction To Entrepreneurship
- Psychological Aspects of Entrepreneurship
- The Theory Of Effectuation
- Entrepreneurial Opportunity Recognition, Evaluation And Action
- Business Models And Business Model Innovation
- Creating a Business Plan
- Protecting Intellectual Property
- An Overview Of IIMK LIVE
- Basic Financial Reports
- The Balance Sheet
- The Income Statement
- The Statement Of Cash Flows
- Measuring And Reporting Financial Position And Financial Performance
- Cash Flow Analysis
- Analysing And Interpreting Financial Statements
- Creating Projected Financial Statements
- An Overview Of Management Accounting
- Making Capital Investment Decisions
- Managing Working Capital
- Valuing An Existing Business
• Commercial banks
• Non-bank sources of debt capital
• Other methods of financing
• Funding from founders
• Friends and family
• Venture capitalists
• Initial Public Offering (IPO)
- Marketing Challenges Faced By Entrepreneurs
- Marketing Strategy for Entrepreneurs
- Digital And Social Media Marketing
- Choosing A Form Of Organisation
- Buying An Existing Business
- Entrepreneurial Exit Strategy
- Entrepreneurial Teams, Training And Gender
- Entrepreneurial Growth
- Corporate Entrepreneurship
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial Failure
- Other Aspects of Entrepreneurship
Each team is required to develop a business plan based on a business idea they have identified. During this session, the teams will present their business plans. The faculty members will provide feedback to the teams.
- Participants who successfully meet the evaluation criteria and satisfy the requisite attendance criteria, will be awarded a ‘Certificate of Completion’.
- Participants who are unable to clear the evaluation criteria but have the requisite attendance will be awarded a ‘Certificate of Participation’.
|Fee Particulars||Amount (in )|
*Taxes will be added as applicable
*All fees will be collected by BCCL
In reference to the refund of the Processing Fee, please note that the fee shall not be refunded in the following
1) In case the candidate rejects the offer issued by the Institute; and
2) In case the application is rejected due to submission of incomplete documents, and/or providing incomplete information, and/or eligibility criteria not fulfilled.
|No. of Installments -Total amount to be paid in 3 installments.|
|Instalment No.||Amount (in )|
|Instalment 2 (To be paid at the time of Registration)||20,000|
|Timeline and Dates|
|Application Closure Date||04-Jun-2023|
|Programme Start Date||17-Jun-2023|
|Programme End Date||01-Feb-2024|
The teaching approach will be highly interactive, leverage technology, and deploy diverse pedagogical tools including lectures and case studies, and participants’ sharing of experiences. The learning process is based on the supposition of a higher level of independent thought and study work.
- Groups will develop ideas with a healthy professional attitude in meeting deadlines, quality of output, division of group work, and work ethics.
- Developing a business plan project with a pitch.
- Web-based simulation in which each team will run a company and compete against other teams.
- Practical insights on availing finance from Banks – template basis, preparing analysis, annual fund requirements, and self-credit rating.
- Due diligence sessions in law, human resources, operations, economics, and IT.