In an age where strong communication skills, a collaborative instinct, a gift for multitasking, emotional intelligence – traditionally considered female strengths – are hailed as desirable leadership qualities, women are making their leadership presence felt in entrepreneurship, administration, education, engineering, healthcare, etc., at regional, national, and global levels. IIM Calcutta’s Transitioning into Leadership: A Programme for Women Executives (TLPWE) nurtures women leadership in businesses.
Transitioning into Leadership: A Programme for Women Executives (TLPWE-Batch 05) offered by IIM Calcutta is a one-year online programme designed exclusively for women executives and entrepreneurs to help them hone, focus, and channelize their natural leadership qualities to emerge as successful leaders at the workplace. Apart from equipping participants with theoretical and applied managerial skills, it engages them in a variety of executive dimensions like leadership vision, self-exploration and understanding, skills, applications, and articulation. The Women Leadership programme intends to respond to the broader question, “How do women in the corporate world become effective leaders?”
- Gain awareness of the issues and problems faced by women in corporate set up worldwide and the condition of working women in emerging markets
- Explore aspects of one’s own self, identity, biases, strengths, fears and build upon them to develop skills of inclusive leadership
- Gain knowledge of various organisational functions like marketing, finance, accounting, operations, and strategic leadership
- Learn digital marketing, data analytical tools, and legal & HR perspectives to understand and realise the value of authenticity in leadership
- Recognizing how to exert the power of one’s own voice in personal and professional settings to communicate effectively and apply it in leading, managing and empowering teams
- Specifically designed for working women professionals
- Enhances managerial and leadership capabilities of participants
- Opportunity to learn from IIM Calcutta, ranked 3rd best B-School in India
- 4-day campus immersion at IIM Calcutta
- Peer learning & networking opportunities
- IIM Calcutta Executive Education Alumni status
- Graduates (10+2+3 or equivalent) in any discipline with minimum 50% aggregate marks
- Participants with less than 50% marks in graduation but 50% or more in post-graduation are also eligible
- Women executives with at least 5 years of managerial experience*
- The selection will be based on candidate’s application and credentials
- Final selection of participants will be solely done by IIM Calcutta
- There will also be an interview round over video conferencing
The programme will include the following modules:
*Modules/courses are subject to change
Women in management: An introduction to specific issues women face as they navigate their careers in organizations.
- Global gender perspectives in business
- Women in Management
Leading and managing teams
- Managing and leading teams
- Conflict management
- Effective negotiations
Bird’s eye view of organizational functions
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Basics of Financial Markets
Managing in a digital age
- Digital Marketing
- Data Analytics
- Digital Transformation
- Storytelling, and trans-medial narratives
- Data presentations
- Strategic Communication, persuasion and argumentation
- Communication Analytics
Legal and human resource perspectives
- Human Resource Management
- Legal Perspectives
Working women in emerging markets
- Post-colonial women
Building one’s leadership potential
- Self-Awareness and Emotional Intelligence
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Behaviour and congnition
Campus Visit: 2 Campus visit of 3 days each
The program follows a relative grading methodology and participants will only be given letter grades, not marks.
- A minimum of 75% attendance is a prerequisite for the successful completion of the programme.
Certification & Alumni Status
- Participants who successfully meet the evaluation criteria and satisfy the requisite attendance criteria, will be awarded a ‘Certificate of Completion’.
- Participants who are unable to clear the evaluation criteria but have the requisite attendance will be awarded a ‘Certificate of Participation’.
- Successful participants will also be accorded IIM Calcutta Executive Education Alumni status.
|Fee Particulars||Amount (in )|
|Total Fees (Inclusive of Application Fee and Alumni Fee)||4,25,000/-|
*GST will be additional as applicable.
All Fees are payable to TEEL
Refund Policy –
|No. of Installments -Total amount to be paid in 4 installments|
|Instalment No.||Amount (in )|
|installment 1||2,500 + 1,12,500/-|
|Timeline and Dates|
|Application Closure Date||16-Jul-2023|
|Programme Start Date||07-Oct-2023|
|Programme End Date||01-Oct-2024|
The program is structured around live classroom student-faculty interaction to enhance and provide a quality learning experience. Therefore using class recordings is discouraged. Recordings may be accessed under certain limited conditions as approved by IIMC.