IIM Calcutta’s Executive Programme in Operations Management is designed to equip managers and practitioners with the concept and practices of Operations Management in services and manufacturing sectors. This programme will help participants develop a thorough understanding of efficient and effective management of processes, resources, and competencies.
The programme has been designed to suit the requirements of managers involved in functional areas related to manufacturing, supply chain roles including design, procurement, production, logistics, sales and distribution, and service delivery.
- Opportunity to be a part of one of India’s top 10 B-Schools
- Comprehensive curriculum to equip managers with global best practices in Operations Management
- Curriculum includes topics like Digital Supply Chains driven by Blockchain and IoT
- Group projects to equip managers with all-round capabilities along with peer learning and networking opportunities
- 5-day campus immersion at IIM Calcutta
- IIM Calcutta Executive Education Alumni status
- Design core operational capabilities of the organisation with the theory and practice of Operations Analytics
- Analyse the complexities posed by operations processes using analytical tools and techniques
- Improve the performance of the organisation by applying the advanced knowledge gained in manufacturing and project management
- Contribute to the efficient and effective performance of the organisation
- Prepare participants for higher roles in Operations Management by improving their managerial and leadership capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree (10+2+3 or 10+2+4) or its equivalent or 2 years’ Master’s degree or its equivalent from institutions or Universities recognised by UGC/AICTE/AIU/DEB.
- Minimum 50% aggregate marks of all years in either Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or its equivalent.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of work experience post completion of qualifying education.
Students will be selected based on their overall profile.
The programme is divided into five modules:
Introduction to Operations and Process Analysis
- Operations strategy framework – cost, quality, efficiency, and strategic trade-offs
- Process view of operations
- Process design in manufacturing in service industries
- Managing operations and supply chain in the post-COVID-19 world
- Inventory management
- Capacity planning
Analytics and Management Sciences
- Decision tree analysis
- Mathematical programming models
- Demand forecasting
- Analytical tools to solve operations and supply chain problems
- Simulating processes in service and manufacturing
Design of Lean Operations
- Introduction to Lean concepts in manufacturing and services
- Theory of constraints
- Lean in post-COVID-19 world
- Measures and dimensions of quality
- Statistical process control
- Quality analytics
Cross-functional Areas of Management
- Fundamentals of macroeconomics and its impact on supply chains
- Understanding and analysing financial statements
- Linking operations with financial parameters
Note: Participants are expected to take up projects in areas of operations management related to their companies.
- Participants who successfully meet the evaluation criteria and satisfy the requisite attendance criteria, will be awarded a ‘Certificate of Completion’.
- (Candidates will have successfully completed the programme if they have received 'poor' grades in not more than two courses)
- It is mandatory for all participants to attend the campus module for successful completion of the programme.
- Participants with requisite participation but unable to complete successfully, will be awarded a ‘Certificate of Participation’.
- Successful participants will also be accorded IIM Calcutta Executive Education Alumni status.
*Disclaimer : All certificate images are for illustrative purposes only and may be subject to change at the discretion of IIM Calcutta
|Fee Particulars||Amount (in )|
15,000/- +GST Processing Fee includes ₹9,800 towards Registration Fee and ₹5,200 towards the Programme Fee. Processing Fee to be refunded in case the applicant’s profile is rejected by IIM Calcutta subject to a deduction of ₹2,500/- by way of administrative charges.
Refund Policy –
|No. of Installments -Total amount to be paid in 5 installments|
|Instalment No.||Amount (in )|
|Instalment I||5200 + 94,800|
|Timeline and Dates|
|Application Closure Date||16-Jul-2023|
|Programme Start Date||12-Aug-2023|
|Programme End Date||01-Aug-2024|
Each course will be taught with the help of case studies, industry examples, and analytical tools.