This programme aims to provide cutting edge knowledge in the frontiers of finance using the latest pedagogy to develop brilliant finance minds. The programme is designed to provide training in the techniques and nuances in finance expected of a successful professional in the corporate sector, banks, and financial institutions. It also aims to provide excellent executive education and improve technical and managerial capabilities for applying finance in business.
Growth in the Indian Financial Sector (Infographic)
By 2025: ₹95 lakh crore Assets Under Management (AUM) and 130 million investor folios targeted by the Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI), a leading financial services institution.
By 2028: India is expected to be the 4th largest private wealth market globally as per India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF).
- Contextually designed 1-year programme for professionals who would like to build their career in finance
- 7-Day, on-campus immersion at IIM Calcutta
- Focus on real business use cases
- Peer-learning & networking opportunities
- IIM Calcutta Executive Education Alumni status
- Gain advanced cognitive, theoretical, and technical finance knowledge and skills in interpreting, analysing, evaluating, and solving emerging and/or advanced finance problems.
- Be able to recommend risk management strategies and appropriate analytical techniques to empower financial decision-making.
- Develop necessary cognitive skills and apply them to corporate financial decision-making; investment decisions & portfolio management; derivatives & risk management; portfolio construction; corporate valuation; and debt markets.
- Be able to exercise professional judgement to propose solutions to problems in diverse contexts using economic, financial, regulatory, and ethical perspectives.
- Be equipped to integrate financial knowledge in the successful operation of the organisation and its participation in local and international financial arenas.
- Diploma (10+2+3) / Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3 or 10+2+4) / Master’s Degree (or its Equivalent) in any discipline with 50% aggregate marks of all years, from universities recognised by the Association of Indian Universities, UGC or AICTE with
- At least two years of work experience post completion of qualifying education.
The selection will be based on the candidate’s profile evaluation, subject to meeting eligibility criteria.
The programme will comprise the following courses:
- Business Accounting and Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Business Valuation
- Bank Management
- Fixed Income Markets
- Investment Management
- Financial Derivatives
- Alternative Investment and PE/VC
- Financial Risk Management
*Modules/courses are subject to change
- Candidates will successfully complete the programme if they have received poor grades in not more than two courses.
- Participants who successfully meet the evaluation criteria and satisfy the requisite attendance criteria will be awarded a ‘Certificate of Completion’.
- Participants who are unable to clear the evaluation criteria but have the requisite attendance will be awarded a ‘Certificate of Participation’.
- Successful participants will also be accorded ‘IIMC Executive Education Alumni’ status.
|Fee Particulars||Amount (in )|
|Total fee (excluding registration fee)||4,10,000|
*GST will be additional as applicable.
**Processing fee of ₹15,000 includes ₹9,700 towards the registration fee and
the following is missing:
All fees are payable to Times Edutech and Events Limited (TEEL).
|No. of Installments -Total amount to be paid in 4 installments.|
|Instalment No.||Amount (in )|
|Instalment I||99,700 + 5,300|
|Timeline and Dates|
|Application closure date||09-Jul-2023|
|Programme Start Date||19-Jul-2023|
|Programme End Date||01-Jun-2024|
The teaching approach will be highly interactive and leverage technology and deploy diverse pedagogical tools and techniques, including lectures, case studies, live corporate examples, assignments, quizzes, project work, etc. In order to provide greater industry insights, business leaders from different industries may be invited to share their experiences.