The IIM Calcutta Advanced Programme for Marketing Professionals is a comprehensive course designed to provide marketing professionals with the knowledge and skills required to succeed in the field. The course covers various topics, including marketing strategy, consumer behavior, marketing research, branding, and digital marketing. It is suitable for professionals with at least three years of work experience in marketing or related fields.
Upon completion of the IIM Calcutta Advanced Programme for Marketing Professionals, students will receive a certificate from IIMC. They will be eligible for a wide range of job opportunities in marketing and related fields. They will also have the opportunity to network with other marketing professionals and industry experts through the course's interactive online platform.
- Contextually designed 12-month programme for marketing professionals
- Campus immersion module of 5 days
- Focus on real business use cases
- Peer-learning & networking opportunities
- IIM Calcutta Executive Education Alumni status
Advanced programme for markketing professionals of IIM Calcutta aims to help participants,
- Learn cutting-edge knowledge about sales and marketing theory and practice
- Develop knowledge and competence for effective marketing planning and execution
- Learn and appreciate challenges of complexities posed by the inter-relationship of various marketing-mix elements and ways and means of building an effective response
- Appreciate organisational context of marketing decision-making and issues thereof
- Groom themselves for higher roles in sales and marketing function
- Graduation (10+2+3/10+2+4/10+2+2 /11+1+3) from a recognised university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU)
- Candidates should have 50% or higher in graduation to be eligible. Marks for all (3 or 4) years to be included for calculating graduation percentage
- Those candidates who have less than 50% marks in graduation but have more than 50% marks in Post-Graduation (from a recognised university) are also eligible for the programme
- Candidates should be working at the time of filling up the application form
- Candidates should have a minimum of FIVE years of full-time paid experience at the time of application, post completion of the qualifying degree
*Internships and Training experience will not be considered as full-time work experience
Profiles will be assesed by IIM Calcutta's faculty on the basis of Academics, work experience and Statement of Purpose.
The programme will be divided in two major modules: Foundation Courses and Advanced Courses. Explore detailed syllabus below-
• Building Blocks of Marketing
• Problem Recognition and Information Search
• Understanding Decision-making and Post-purchase Evaluation
• Learning, Motivation, Attitudes
• Understanding Influence - Individual, Societal, Cultural, etc.
• B2B Marketing Decision-making Process
• Identifying and Managing Key Accounts
- Research Framework and Research Problem
- Qualitative Research
- Quantitative Research
• Understanding Cash Flows
• Understanding and Managing Outstanding Cycle
• Understanding Costs - Direct, Indirect, Variable
• NPV & IRR
• Understanding Teams
• Goal Setting, Performance Appraisal, Counselling
• Principled Negotiations
• Single and Multi-issue Negotiations
• Product Management
• Managing Services
• Brands and Branding
• Managing the Salesforce
• Sales Management
• Managing Retailing and Distribution
• Basics of Marketing Communications
• Understanding Media
• Digital Marketing
• Social Media Marketing
• Marketing Planning
• Positioning Strategy
• Pricing Strategy
• New Product Strategy
Successful candidates will receive a ‘Certificate of Successful Completion’ from IIM Calcutta. Those with requisite attendance but unable to complete successfully will receive a ‘Certificate of Participation’.
|Fee Particulars||Amount (in )|
|Total Fee (Excluding Registration Fee)||3,90,000|
**Processing fee includes ₹9,000 towards the registration fee and ₹1,000 towards the programme fee. Processing fee of ₹10,000 is refundable in case a participant’s profile is rejected by IIM Calcutta.
· Candidates will have the option of making their own stay arrangements during the campus modules.
· They will be required to opt for this option at the time of registering for the programme. No change will be allowed later.
· The campus visit fee for participants staying off-campus during the campus modules will be ₹5,000 per day plus GST. Total amount to be paid is ₹25,000+GST.
|No. of Installments -All amount is payable in 4 installments|
|Instalment No.||Amount (in )|
|At the time of Application||5,600|
|Within one week of offer letter roll out||99,400|
|10th September, 2023||95,000|
|10th December, 2023||95,000|
|10th March, 2024||95,000|
|Timeline and Dates|
|Application Closure Date||18-Jun-2023|
|Academic Orientation Date||16-Jul-2023|
|Programme End Date (tentative)||01-Jul-2024|
- Each course will be taught with the help of case studies, live corporate examples, and general discussions.
- In order to provide greater industry insights, practitioners would also be invited to share their experiences.