Sales and Marketing
For any firm, the major objective is to market and sell its products or services profitably. In medium and large firms, which usually offer numerous products and services nationally or even worldwide, market research, marketing strategy, sales, advertising, promotion, pricing, product development and public relations are central activities of the organisation.
Although aligned, sales and marketing are not the same. Sales roles generally require a driven, focused and persistent person with a desire to work in what is often a highly commission-based environment. Marketing roles utilise a softer selling approach, based around messages directed at a target market via various media. There are less direct or tangible performance indicators in marketing, but results are equally important.
Sales and Marketing Related Courses:
- IIM Kozhikode- PG Certificate in Marketing Management
- IIM Calcutta- Executive Program in Sales and Marketing (EPSM)
- IIM Calcutta - Advanced Marketing Programme (APMP)
- IIM Calcutta- Digital & Social Media Marketing Strategy Course
- IIM Lucknow- Executive Program in Sales and Marketing (EPSM)
- IIM Kozhikode- Marketing and Sales Management